Translate

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Don't feed the bears

Seriously, has anyone seen a sign like that? I thought I'd lighten up the mood today with some stuff I found on the web.
I saw this years ago and I couldn't stop laughing.
Some times you're the bear, other times you're the penguin.








I'll credit the stuff with a link when possible. These aren't mine, they simply appealed to my off kilter sense of humor.

Amy Mebberson has a Facebook page entitled Pocket Princesses. Every Friday she updates it with a cartoon. She's a busy girl and all this stuff is free fan art. Disney owns the copyright, so she does this as a free service. Here's a sample of her work that made me roll my eyes and groan.
Oh, she's good.









Check out her page on Facebook or Tumblr
She's funny and talented. I don't know her personally, but I think she's great.

This one I got off of a place called Jawdrops. Brought to you by the same people who brought you People of Wal-Mart.
I'd first cut the power.










Now there are all those meme sites and lolcats having their cheeseburger. I'll admit they make me laugh from time to time. By and large they represent the least common denominator of humor. Digital graffiti lining the walls of the internet. Don't get me wrong, I think they have an entertainment value, I'd have to rank them alongside Saturday morning cartoons and stuff. Nice to see once in a while, but generally kid's stuff.
Re-reading the last paragraph, you can get the impression that I'm a little snobbish about all the stuff out there, when the opposite is true. But truly great humor is scarce to come by. The jokes that are long in telling. The video prank that clearly took great pains to set up. For example:
Flying Grim Reaper prank
Now that's funny.


No comments: