Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Second wind kicking in

Got a vaccination today. It seems I run a higher than average chance of getting pneumonia than the next guy due to my implant. Something else I wasn't aware of. At least it's not an oil change or transmission leak...
Minion #1 is heading to Nebraska to visit her best friend. Seems like my kids are doing all the travelling this summer and dear ol' Dad gets to stay and guard the secret base. When did that start happening? Whenever I start talking like Dr. Evil, my wife rolls her eyes and says, 'Get that pinky away from your mouth.'
Ah, the dog days of summer are upon us. I've got those passes to the movies around here somewhere. Perhaps it's time for the wife and I to have a date.
I can't imagine it being any other way.
Did you know last week was the 44th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing on the moon?
Earlier in the year they found something on the ocean floor. Part of an engine from a Saturn V rocket. Guess what mission
I'm not upset that we are discovering history here. All of our astronauts are heroes in my book. My question is: Why did we stop?
I'm not alone in asking that question. There are people who are doing there own thing about exploring and colonizing the solar system.
Jeff Bezos, the CEO at Amazon is doing something.
Let's not forget to mention the folks over at Virgin Galactic and their spaceport.
The people behind SpaceX have been busy as well.
My point here is we need to be focusing on these private enterprises. Share their victories and celebrate the triumphs... and yes, console them in the setbacks that are part and parcel of this monumental undertaking.
Gentlemen, I salute you.
Being a pilot or astronaut may not be in the cards for me, but I will do my part to encourage others to join in your reach for the stars.

In a completely unrelated event. One part of my job is I have to take used appliances out to be recycled. Today I had to run over a fiberglass ladder with the forklift. Maybe it's just me, but hasn't anybody wondered what running over something on purpose would be like?
Answer: It was cool.
 

No comments: