Translate

Friday, July 12, 2013

Find out what it means to me

Several things came up this week. There's a lot of ground to cover.
  • Governor Perry and his cronies are up to their old tricks again. A few weeks back they tried to pass this bill that would have set women's rights back 50 years. It's no secret these Grumpy Old Politicians want to overturn Rove v. Wade. They're not going to let a little thing like the law or the will of the people get in the way of their agenda. They're putting so many restrictions on women's health care that they are in effect hamstringing the Supreme Court. Doctor Leah Torres put in much better words than I could. We can't un-make the technology, we can only hope to use it responsibly. Simply put, we can't climb back into the trees and pretend this whole walking upright thing was a bad idea. Take it from me: Putting a Texan in the White House is a bad idea.
  • There are people whom I call family. My Aunt married a man who I refer to as 'uncle'. There's no blood tie or legal necessity to it. People have asked me, 'Why do you call him that when he has no tie to you?' That's simple, it's respect. I'm a pretty good judge of character. He's a good person.
  • Finally, a person that I admire said in an interview that he didn't have much use for heroes. That may be true for him and his readers, but I have to disagree. Heroes are plain ordinary people thrust into situations that are far from  normal. They may not be brave, but they are cold, tired and miserable enough that they have to do something.
Sorry for the late update. Things have gotten busy around the household. I'm going to use the weekend to catch up on some things.

No comments: