Translate

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

No surprise

The rioting in Ferguson continues. Can't say I didn't expect that outcome. Also, Officer Darren Wilson was not indicted by the grand jury. It's events like this that test my belief in the rule of law.
As I've mentioned before, I'm against knee-jerk reactions in general. Everyone is guilty of them, myself included. The fact that I recognize the emotions for what they are and try to make corrections should count for something.
I read the key reports about the incident that caused the death of Micheal Brown.
Another blog I read is from Larry Correia. In the blog he describes the legalities of using lethal force. Aside from being a good writer, Larry is a certified firearms instructor.
I don't agree with him all the time, but his posts fall under intelligent dialogue and reasonable discussion. All the articles I've linked help you the reader to step back and see the larger picture. That picture is: we weren't there that August day.
The thought I'm left with is what happened before Mr. Brown got close to Darren Wilson's patrol car? 
I think Wilson got away with murder, plain and simple. I read and saw the hospital report and saw the pictures of Wilson after he was treated. I'm not buying his story of broken cheekbones and fear for his life.
While it's true I wasn't there, I have been on the giving and receiving end of disarming and incapacitating someone. Someone sticks their head in my car? They are asking for a headlock and more.
My bottom line: Darren Wilson went for his gun first, when it should have been the last.
The true disappointment I feel is with the black community and the rioters. Be mad. Be angry. Burning down a pizza restaurant and a used car dealership? I can clearly see where Little Ceasars was responsible in this matter.
Protesting for change is not a licence to break the law or destroy the livelihood of others. 

No comments: