Translate

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Spring Break, grilling season has begun

The minions are home for Spring Break. I know most of the country is still in the icy grips of winter snow, but we're on the upswing in the trampoline weather here in Texas. I'm sitting outside basking in a decent 75 degree warm spell showing my oldest the finer points of grilling. Using the poke method to test how done the meat is. I had to point out Rare is different than Raw. Oh Salmonella, you're calling my name...
Not today wiseguy.
Don't worry, tomorrow we're going to dip to the 60's and 40's for the next few days. In the meantime, I'm going to keep a lookout for the first bluebonnets of spring. A friend told me they spotted one out near Bastrop, but that report is unconfirmed.
Seeing as the middle of the month is fast approaching, all I can say is: I need more time, dammit!
I need to finish this Minecraft dungeon. I need to download some movie previews. I need to get more than 5 hours of sleep a night.
If you're wondering why I'm sounding a little tense is our gaming con  is in two weeks. Things got tough, but we're trying to make the best of a strenuous situation. I keep telling myself that this is not my fault. Cancelled venues, guest schedule conflicts. All in a days work. For now I'm chalking this up to a learning experience.
After the con and before spring gets away from me, I'm going to try and rebuild the porch. This has been sitting in the back of my brain for a while now. What I should do is write all this down and come up with a material list. I know what I want to do, I simply need to make it happen. Small steps...


No comments: