Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Paying it forward and voting with your wallet

Some of my posts about deaf friendly businesses have been less than stellar. This time around I want to talk about a pizza place that really impressed me.
Maars pizza, (no, I did not stutter.) located at 14218 Nacodoches serves pizza as well as Italian dishes. They have a wide range of drinks, beers and wines to go with your meal.
Next time I visit, I'm going to have the brisket sub and wash it down with a Goose IPA. Every time I've gone, the place was rocking!
There were a few big screen TV's. The Spurs were in the playoffs at the time we visited. Things were so loud, my hearing family used ASL to communicate with me. Here's where it got cooler. The restaurant is spacious. We were able to sign to others across the room. I loved having a wide open area like this.
Rene, the owner, came out and talked to us. He really cared about how we like his place. When he found out I was trying to see the game, he flipped on the captions without me having to ask. Rene impressed me so much, I signed up for the newsletter then and there.
This little family restaurant deserves your support. They have excellent food, great atmosphere and they are active in the community. Here is what they have going on in August
Want another reason to go? Monday nights they have poker night with cash prizes. What a way to beat the heat. Cold beer, hot poker and some good food. You can't beat that.
Show them your military ID and get 10% off your meal. They hold car washes to raise money for their MMFH team. They are participating in the walk to end Alzheimers. All of these are causes worthy of your support.
In one of the conversations with Rene I asked him if anyone approached him about holding a deaf related event at MAARS pizza. He said he would not be opposed to it, but no one has approached him. So if the head of a deaf organization is reading this post and wanted to hold a deaf-related event, say a pizza party or a car wash, perhaps you should contact Rene.
Better yet, bring your family in and see for yourself all the good things that are going on here.
Having trouble with Mapquest, this blog, and or my operating system. I wanted to include a map to MAARS pizza and more. They have a map on the MAARS web page. You should have no trouble finding your way there. Heck it's a huge orange building for crying out loud. Go there. Deafman says check it out.
 

No comments: