Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Time

Have you ever felt the world needed to freeze for 24 hours, just so you can catch up on things? Maybe we don't need the whole 24 hours at once. For instance when you have to be in two places at once. Yesterday I had to take my daughter to her orthodontist appointment. Of course I had to cover 30 odd miles in a few minutes. With rush hour traffic, that wasn't going to happen. So we got there fifteen minutes late. Not the worst thing in the world, but still...
Yesterday after work, I had to attempt to fix my wife's car. The battery won't hold a charge. I'm going to take it down to the auto part store when I pick up my headlight. They have test equipment to see if the battery is any good. While that's going on, I'll put the new light in.
Could the world just stop for... I dunno, an hour or two?
What I really need to do is take care of the floor. There is water on the passenger side. It could be condensation from the air conditioning, but it looks like I'll have to pull up the carpet to see where it's coming from.

Before

During

After

Do you think I went up in experience for this? Maybe. If I had the money burning a hole in my pocket, I'd fix the truck up the way it should be. The turn signal still doesn't work, but I suspect the bulb will have to be replaced. It's times like these where I need the world to stop while I catch up. There's still a big pile of projects that need to be taken care of. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd call in and catch up on all the crap I need to do, although I don't think one day will cover it.




 

No comments: