Translate

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Strange days indeed

This is going out a little early. My team, the Spurs are playing the Lakers right now. The game just started and the Spurs are in the lead. One of the Lakers just slammed into Tony Parker. I'm hoping the guys sweep Los Angeles from the playoffs.
Kobe Bryant was apparently carrying the team. With him benched, the rest of the team is flailing about like a fish on a hook. For a minute there I thought the Spurs were playing the Girl Scouts.
I never took to their old coach, Phil Jackson. Undeniably he was a good coach. The stuff he did with the Chicago Bulls and Micheal Jordan was amazing. Somewhere down the line he began believing his own hype. If any man needed to have his ego deflated, its Phil Jackson. I don't know what he's doing now, frankly, I don't care.
Now a team that needs to have a reality check, that would be the Lakers. They're not better than anyone else, last I checked, they don't walk on water and they have to buy their bread from the supermarket, just like everyone else.
Now the Spurs have had ups and downs. I can respect a team like the Phoenix Suns or the Miami Heat. If they play better and win, then it was a good game. Pound for pound, the Spurs are damn fine players. There are no slackers. No showoffs. The egos get checked at the door. The result: a damn fine set of champions.
Second half just started and the Lakers are trying to hang on, but the boys in black will put the last nail in the coffin. Hang it up Lakers, better luck next year.

Remember a few weeks ago I told you our cardboard baler broke? We were swimming in cardboard.




It was awful. I don't have a wide angle lens for the amount of garbage we had. There are more photos like this, but you get the idea. Now here's what me and a few friends did last Friday.
Eight bales of cardboard and halfway to a ninth still in the baler when I left Friday night.
  
Halftime: Spurs 52, Lakers 34. Sha-na-na, hey, hey, hey... goodbye!
 
 

     

No comments: