Translate

Friday, March 15, 2013

Last day

'I don't want to go back to work.'
 We hear that a lot, some times it's out of our own mouths. So while I can say I'm anxious to return to Texas, I'm not crazy about returning to the 40 hour work week and the reality check that will arrive Monday morning when I get back to my Clark Kent job.
If anything, this week has gotten me motivated to kick start the writing.
As promised: pictures.
Finally proof: You can't get there from here

Universal studios was awesome. This place reminds me of what Disney wanted to be 20 years ago. I didn't mind the wait in line because there were so many things to look at, we were through the lines before we knew it. The line was a part of the attraction experience.
All aboard!
The sorting hat right before you get on the ride.
Oh, the irony!
The prices were more reasonable then the Big D. I actually bought a souvenir cup and got .99 cent refills throughout the day. Giving tourists a little something? That is not in the Disney ethos. Here's the rub: I actually spent more money that way.
In the evening we ate at Margaritaville. The food was pretty good. There were different takes on the usual standards. For instance, the kids mac an cheese became seafood mac and cheese. Bring your appetite and wallet.
Inside Margaritaville
So here's the plan: I'm going to join the 21 century and get a phone that takes pics and allows me to text. I promise not to take pictures of what I'm about to eat... unless it's a huge pile of nachos. 







No comments: