Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The early test

Officially, the summer season kicks off Memorial day weekend, the last week of May. That's all well and good, but we're getting an early start.
Yesterday I put my summer batch of beer together and I'm watching it closely to see if it decides to start to ferment. Nothing happened in the first 24 hours, that's when it's supposed to kick start like a Harley-Davidson. So I added some more yeast and it is now starting to bubble.
It'll be a short work week for me. The wife and I will be driving up to Colorado to retrieve our eldest musketeer. I want to say it'll be fun, but there's a bit of work and hustle involved. The way we have it blocked off for time leaves little margin for error. Also there is little room for sleep. The way I figure it, the wife and I will trade off and tag-team drive. It's a bitch, but we've done it before. All this for love of our child. 
With the hectic pace I've led this past month, I should be racking up some serious karma. We're starting to get more on an even keel at work. They hired some help to take the pressure off of me. We'll see how it turns out.

No comments: