Translate

Sunday, May 24, 2015

A little something to write about

Went to see the Mad Max movie and it did, and did  not, disappoint. No spoilers from me. Visually it rocked me. I had to fight the urge not to drive like Max on the way home. Although I'm thinking about installing spikes and a grill on my truck...
The craptions, I mean captions, cut out 2/3rds of the way into the movie. This time the unit I had simply ran out of juice. I talked to the manager and told her how to clean the contacts to get a full recharge out of the damn thing.
Way to go, Regal Cinemas. Your record of 50% success is secure. Every other movie I go to has problems, but still, you guys are the only theaters in town with open captioning. Sure, wi-fi has opened up the movie experience to the deaf, but there are still a lot of glitches in the system. When I went to see the Avengers, the device didn't work. Well... I got part of the previews, but nothing after that. Since then I've learned to sit on the end of the row near the door so I can run out and get a unit that works/or is fully charged.
Needless to say I missed the first three minutes of the Avengers. 
Getting angry and yelling wouldn't have solved anything and I told her that, but I let her know without raising my voice that I was furious with them. My restraint was something to proudly behold. Call it passive-aggressive but I'm taking this to a higher court. I'm going to write the corporate offices. In the mean time I'm just going to write about it. I want my deaf friends reading this blog to know that you will only get an enjoyable movie experience from Regal Cinemas half the time. Worse if they don't properly recharge their devices. Trial by public opinion Regal Cinemas. You asked for it.
The manager did give me two passes to see the movie again, but at this time I'm not sure if I will go. Perhaps it's best to see the movie when it comes out on DVD. At least there I know the captions won't fail.

No comments: