Translate

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

In theory

Consider Schrodinger's cat. The unobserved cat may be alive or dead in the box. There's no sure way to tell unless you open the box to observe.
Monday while putting away stock, I set aside a door to be put on a top shelf. The department people are reasonably competent and know how to take care of their area of the store. When I ran that department, I made it my business to keep the place clean and orderly. It was merely good customer service. Two days later, the door is still leaning against it's fellow doors, waiting to be put away.
Last week, a shipment of corrugated roofing came in. Because I was off for a three day weekend, my coworkers assured me it would be taken care of. Monday morning, the roofing awaited for me to put it away.
There are other similar instances, but those were the last two that came to mind.
My working theory is that my store, the items inside, and the people employed there, cease to exist when I'm not around. They don't come into being until I pull into the parking lot.
When I leave on Friday, every object inside is frozen in time until I arrive Monday morning.
That is the only explanation I can think of that would account for absolutely no work getting done until I arrive.
Well, that's not completely true. My other theory, which I like less, is that they could be stupid lazy morons who barely listen to their bodily functions telling them when they have to take a piss.
The only thought I'm left wondering is that does the time lock theory extend to the entire world that I'm not in direct contact with or simply the local store I work at? It would explain a lot of what's going on.

No comments: