Translate

Friday, June 13, 2014

I missed what?

It's been a rough week here at stately Southworth manor. Now that the eldest is graduated.(and going out to the movies with a friend.) The youngest one is with her Alaskan Grandparents. We had a last dinner together with the English Grandparents last night and said our heartfelt goodbyes. They're currently on their way back to the UK, I hope they have a safe journey.
In the hustle and bustle of day to day life, I noticed there was something missing. (No, not the posted updates, but I promise I felt bad about missing them.) Having the weekend off and spending time with family... more importantly not being in town. It was a mini vacation. After work I hopped on the freeway, my duffel bag packed with a change of clothes and swimsuit. For 24 to 36 hours, I forgot about the work grind. The pressure was off (or at least turned way down.) We actually got some tubing down the river in. The water was a bit low, but we had a good time. Simply sitting there in the river cooled you down immensely. Okay, that was the third time I've come out of the river sober. Hope that isn't a trend.
Each time I go tubing, I get ideas to make the next trip better. Of course it would also help if I remembered it all when I needed it. Right now I'm kicking myself in the head for not bringing sandals or my water shoes.
This is what I'd like to bring about the next time I need a get out of town weekend:
I'd like for my friends to be with me. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing family and relations, but it reminded me of two people who are the closest thing I have to brothers on this half of the globe. I would find a way to make this happen. Of course it would be downright hysterical to see Nick tubing down the river. Not only would I make the beer, but I'd put it in plastic bottles so we could take it on the river.
We'd see about setting up a week where we could get together. Inner tubes and the beverage of choice in a cooler tied to another tube.
One other thing I forgot: I didn't think to take pictures.

No comments: