Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Taking the next step

This is going to be a short one folks. Chimaeracon was last weekend and a good time was had by all. That said, I need a day off to recover from my day off. 12 hours of sleep would be nice, but that isn't in the cards.
One of the cool things that happened is I got a chance to network with fellow geeks. I even met an aspiring author who gave me a clue as how to take my book to the next level.
Let me back up for a second. For reasons I can't talk about, my tenure at Lowe's is drawing to a close. The good news is that I have a few prospects lined up. So in the meantime, keep smiling and shut my trap.
On to the good stuff.
My book has been out as an e-book for a while now and tonight I sat down with Createspace, a subsidiary of Amazon, to put Travelers Road in book form. 
Yep, a real live paper and ink book that can be ordered by retailers across the nation. It's even got the little stripy lines on the back. I got a semi-decent cover on it. Better than the green and black thingamajig I had before. They are reviewing it as I write this and I'll let you know when it's available. What I liked is the marketing and advertising tools that were set up. This way I can get the word out and even start hosting events at local bookstores. Now my goal is to put something else beside my novel. Gotta get on that stick. Perhaps next con I'll be the one behind the table signing books. One can hope.

No comments: