Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Losses

There are times when an event comes out of left field and smacks you when you're not looking. Case in point: Harold Ramis passing away on Monday

Wow. That's all I can say. The man wrote and starred in so many of my favorite movies. He was a class act. If anything, I'm inspired by the example he set.
There are so many things we want to do, but come to find out what's holding us back is usually ourselves.

There, that sums it up nicely. 
People like looking at pictures and I've found a few that simply fit the way I'm feeling or share my outlook on life. I got these from the many Facebook feeds, so please feel free to share the memes.


See, it's important to give credit where it's due. 
Here's one of the reason I get excited about science.
Water detected on planets outside our solar system. I'm going out on a limb here: I think we will eventually find alien life forms. Perhaps in our lifetime, if not soon after that. We're building better telescopes and devising new methods for detecting the requirements for life to exist. Now I'm not going all Star Trek here. I'm speaking strictly as a card player. The odds are pretty good.
There are millions upon millions of stars in our galaxy. We've found thousands of extra-solar planets, and more being discovered daily. Simply put: the odds of one of those planets harboring life are pretty good. If we haven't done it already, we need to develop a protocol for contact with an alien species. I don't think it's going to turn out like any writer or director has thought... Just saying.


No comments: