Translate

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Habits

The hardest part about writing isn't coming up with something to say or a story to tell, it's sitting your can in a chair and blocking off the time to punch the keys. Now I have to get back up on that horse and write. *Sigh* Time to cowboy up. Long ago I promised myself I wouldn't lash out at people or my kids when they interrupt me. Unfortunately I've broken that promise. By telling the girls what I'm doing and asking for some time to work, I can mitigate disturbances. Having a child tug on your arm and ask for help tying their shoelaces isn't licence to vent. It doesn't work like that. It's not the action, it's the reaction that's important. You get more flies with honey rather than vinegar. My daughters shouldn't be afraid to come to me for anything.
Today the wife and I went to Best Buy to have them look at her notebook. While we were waiting for a geek squad tech to come over, I browsed the store to see the latest tech. Of course they were pushing Windows 10 and the iPhone6, but something else caught my interest. If you purchase Windows 10 and in thirty days decide it's not for you (i.e. it doesn't work.) you can switch back to your previous version of Windows. That should tell you a lot. Mainly the other companies aren't on the same page as Micro$oft.
I know a Facebook friend who downloaded Windows 10 and went back to Windows 7 just so he could play his games and do his work.
Memo to Micro$oft: if it's not broken, don't fix it. Release your latest version of software to your select partner corporations so they can write a driver for the printer or video card they make. That's a win/win. Seems they also should test the software under real world conditions. Wait a little bit in order to release a better product. The fact that they would have such an option says how much they back their new software.
On another note I was accosted three times in five minutes by the sales force. I understand customer service and reducing theft, but there are times where it's tempting to lisp a bit and say 'I read lips.' Feels like a cop out, but that poor sales guy backs the fuck off. One day they will actually use ASL and communicate, but I'm not holding my breath.


No comments: