Translate

Monday, January 11, 2016

Giants among us

This morning I awoke to the news that one of my favorite performers passed away. I'll miss you David Bowie. Always experimental and on the cutting edge. There's one quote from you that I unintentionally stole. Yours went something like: I don't know where I'm going in life, but it won't be boring.
My observation on life went along these lines: My life is never boring. Later on I'm going to download a few of my favorite tracks from his illustrative career to my phone, because 'Under Pressure' rocks. Just saw a twitter quote while creating the above link. 'The earth is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.'
Yeah, that about sums it up.

Now that I've got nearly 30 gallons of mead brewing next to my desk, my wife has declared I must get back to writing as I wait for the mead to develop. She's right, of course. I need to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. We won't start anything else, there's no place to put it.
Another rock icon passed away recently, Ian 'Lemmy' Kilmister. I'm putting that Wikipedia link in so I can put something poignant I read from Henry Rollins.  
I bring this up because scientists have created four new elements to fill in the holes on the periodic table. (In a side note: your science books are now out of date.) You'll see where I'm going with this in a second. There is a petition to name one of the heavy metal elements after Lemmy.
That's cool. There's also a petition to name an element in honor of Terry Pratchett. Both of these are worthy causes. I already added my name to both petitions.


No comments: