Translate

Saturday, November 26, 2016

An early start

Having survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday, we as a family decided to get a jump on the Christmas season.
We have tons of decorations, hand made ornaments, kitschy stuff, Kids commemorative bulbs and do-dads.
But we didn't do that this year. The angel doesn't fit on this tree so we put the ribbon and bow up. Festive and classy at the same time. We will add more to it as the days stretch on, but keeping it simple, clean and elegant really appeals to me.
My wife referred to this as the adult tree. I think she was going for the mature non-commercial aspect. Of course we all broke out into laughter. Blue balls on the adult-tree. If the puns start this early, it's going to be a fun Christmas.

There's a lot going on in our house, mostly good. Breaking out the tree was a good reason to clean the garage. I faced some unpleasant situations that needed addressing. There was rat poop involved. It's all better now. My oldest thought it was a good idea to put the sweet potato peels down the garbage disposal. The sink promptly backed up and I've been taking it apart and fixing it several times over several days. My little hand powered snake is not doing as well a job as I hoped. I may have to rent something a little more powerful, we'll see. 
I was hoping to get a few more projects out of the way, but my stomach isn't cooperating. Hopefully I can push through what ever is ailing me.


 

No comments: