Translate

Monday, August 11, 2014

Stunned Speechless

In looking for a blog topic I checked in with my internet news feeds where I found this.
After reading the news of Robin Williams passing away, I was in shocked silence for several minutes. Now that a few hours have passed, my mind is coming to terms with the event.
First off: Lies go around the world before the truth gets out the door.
I found myself reading less of the articles, skimming really. I don't want to hear rumors or speculations. I'll wait until the official report is out and we can put together what happened.
Every person has troubles, the rich dude and the poor guy alike. The trick is to not let your problems overshadow your life. I still need to hear that advice. We all have our demons.
In each of our lives, there are hard and uncertain times. It is how we react to these situations that matter.
In the past I've felt worthless, plagued with self doubt. Then along comes a total stranger who confided that I was their favorite teacher all those years ago. Stuff like that makes me wonder why I was second guessing myself. I don't want to use the meme or be cliche, but we are important to somebody even if we don't feel important to ourselves.
We as a person need to tell the doubter inside of us to shut the hell up. If you take a look around, you'll notice people who look up to you, even admire what you're doing.
Simply believe in yourself. That's a start.


No comments: